By Indranil KhanFacebook will end on March 15.That's the latest rumour spreading like wildfire across the internet.The news published on a hoax site, weeklyworldnews.com appeared so realand people got hoaxed by it. Email, sms, twitter and even Facebookitself has been flooded with reactions, ranging from despair to shockas internet users shared the story with their friends and followers.But it is absolutely a hoax- astupid one, like the hoax the same site spread last week, reportingMichelle Obama to be pregnant. Both of these are false news storiesthat's baffling people like never before. Not even a week has passedthat Facebook has been valued at an astounding $50 billion and gotfunds, consisting of $450 million from Goldman Sachs and $50 millionfrom Russian investment firm Digital Sky Technologies and these stupidrumour guys are saying, Facebook will end on March 15. That's toostupid, too foolish of weeklyworldnews to think the world will buy into.
So given below is the hoax on weeklyworldnews.com. Just read it once and forget it now.
Mark Zuckerberg announced that Facebook will be shut down in March. Managing the site has become too stressful.Don't worry. It's only a hoax, not the truth. Facebook is not going to shut down so easily and so early. So, cheer up and Happy Facebooking!!
“Facebookhas gotten out of control,” said Zuckerberg in a press conferenceoutside his Palo Alto office, “and the stress of managing this companyhas ruined my life. I need to put an end to all the madness.”
Zuckerberg went on to explain that starting March 15th, users will no longer be able to access their Facebook accounts.
“AfterMarch 15th the whole website shuts down,” said Avrat Humarthi, VicePresident of Technical Affairs at Facebook. “So if you ever want to seeyour pictures again, I recommend you take them off the internet. Youwon’t be able to get them back once Facebook goes out of business.”
Zuckerberg said that the decision to shut down Facebook was difficult, but that he does not think people will be upset.
“Ipersonally don’t think it’s a big deal,” he said in a private phoneinterview. “And to be honest, I think it’s for the better. WithoutFacebook, people will have to go outside and make real friends. That’salways a good thing.”
Some Facebook users were furious upon hearing the shocking news.
“Whatam I going to do without Facebook?” said Denise Bradshaw, a high schoolstudent from Indiana. “My life revolves around it. I’m on Facebook atleast 10 hours a day. Now what am I going to do with all that freetime?”
However, parents across the country have been experiencing a long anticipated sense of relief.
“I’mglad the Facebook nightmare is over,” said Jon Guttari, a single parentfrom Detroit. “Now my teenager’s face won’t be glued to a computerscreen all day. Maybe I can even have a conversation with her.”
Thosein the financial circuit are criticizing Zuckerberg for walking awayfrom a multibillion dollar franchise. Facebook is currently ranked asone of the wealthiest businesses in the world, with economistsestimating its value at around 7.9 billion.
But Zuckerberg remains unruffled by these accusations. He says he will stand by his decision to give Facebook the axe.
“I don’t care about the money,” said Zuckerberg. “I just want my old life back.”
TheFacebook Corporation suggests that users remove all of their personalinformation from the website before March 15th. After that date, allphotos, notes, links, and videos will be permanently erased.
source : http://www.worldof22.com/2011/01/facebook-shutting-down-on-march-15-just.html
